The year that went by made the entire world reflect and change all their priorities. I, for one, have become all about disconnecting and taking a step back regularly – a big faux pas for the pre-covid me. In fact, I used to kind of find vanity in being to work for insane hours for weeks and so without any breaks but I learned to be better from 2020. All of us have been tested to great extents in these trying times and yes, things have been better for some of us than most, but it’s been tough nonetheless. So, now I’m all about self-care and the importance of self-care.
But when even stepping out is problematic, how do you do self-care? How do you take your mind off something that has consumed and become your life in its entirety? Well, simply put, you can’t totally disengage, but you can definitely indulge in a few good practices every day to keep a healthy rhythm going on for yourself. And remember, self-care is not only for the periods of crises, it’s a lifestyle that helps boost your productivity and manage your moods.
So, I decided to share a list of some nonchalant things, that you probably already do, but are actually self-care and boost wellness. In fact, this is why you should be mindful of them and indulge in them more often!
Outfit details at the end; use code
15 nonchalant things that are actually self-care:
1. Taking a longer shower or bath
2. Dressing-up, with or without an occasion
3. Indulging in skincare or any mini spa session really
4. Calling a friend or your mom
5. Spending time with a pet or any animals
6. Looking at your childhood pictures
7. Taking a walk, even around your neighborhood
8. Replaying music you grew up listening to
9. Reading an inspiring book
10. Meditate & do some yoga
11. Reorganize a shelf or even your full wardrobe
12. Buying a gift for yourself or someone you love
13. Journaling your thoughts, reflections & goals
14. Taking a nice mid-day nap
15. Reading a blog that helps lift your spirits
And well, that’s of my top 15 things self-care to boost your wellness without actually changing your day-to-day. Does that resonate with you, too? What’s your self-care go to? Add it all in the comment section below and spare some more ideas!
Love my outfits? Get them and a lot more from my partner site Shein using code:
For more of my travel in style adventures, keep following ERTSY. Till then, keep experimenting & stay stylish!